Get Me Out of The Way

LAMPLIGHT DEVOTIONAL GUIDE

“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path”

Psalm 119:105 (NIV).

“Living From the Eternal Perspective”

A Devotional From

PATHH Ministries

DATE:

Thursday, March 24, 2011





Get me out of the way



By Napoleon Black

TEXT: Job 14:13



“If only you would hide me in the grave and conceal me till your anger has passed! NIV

Why don't you just bury me alive, get me out of the way until your anger cools? Message

Oh, that You would hide me in Sheol (the unseen state), that You would conceal me until Your wrath is past … Amp.



COMMENTARY

Sometimes we feel that God comes at us hard. Job was in the throes of pain. He cried out in his pain, “Why don't you just bury me alive, get me out of the way until your anger cools?” Sometimes, like Job, we feel that God is angry at us. We feel as though we are being punished for something.

In the silence of God, our intense unrelenting pain somehow shouts out to us to say that God is agreeing that we should be in so much pain and that He is taking sides with our pain against us. In fact quite often our pain has nothing to do with God’s anger at us.

Sometimes our pain is in fact evidence of His confidence in us – an allowance for the display of His splendour in us. Oh, no! It does not take away the edge, but it gives the pain we experience a different perspective. We bear that pain, not because He is angry at us, but rather that we are considered worthy to suffer on His behalf.

Something to meditate on

Being buried alive does not take away any other pain.



A decision I need to make


My present pain is no evidence that God is angry at me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time To Major In The Minors

The Wheat and the Tares