Safe and Secure

LAMPLIGHT DEVOTIONAL GUIDE
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path”
Psalm 119:105 (NIV).
“Living From the Eternal Perspective”

A Devotional From
PATHH Ministries
DATE:
Wednesday, January 12, 2011

HEADING
Safe and Secure!
By Teddy A Jones

TEXT (Col. 3: 1-2)
3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.[CEV]

Your old life is dead. Your new life, which is your real life—even though invisible to spectators—is with Christ in God. He is your life. [Msg]

For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God.[NLT]

COMMENTARY

“What have I to dread, what have I to fear, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms! I have peace complete with my Lord so near, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms!” Elisha A. Hoffman the composer of this great hymn is unto something powerful here!
The new life graced to those who unite with Christ in baptism is the real deal! That life is lived as citizen of Heaven, pilgrims though we are in the realm of the flesh (living dead). Your new spiritual life is no longer in the sphere of the earthly and sensual, but is with the life of the risen Christ, who is unseen with God. This wonderfully priceless treasurer is guarded round the clock by security that makes the presidential guard look like toddlers! And rightly so. I cannot trust so precious a gift to mortals of whom I am chief!

The hiding is a past completed action with lasting effected. This new life has been concealed and remains concealed at a place where no hellish burglar can break that combination! No hacker can break this code, no Trojan horse or computer worm can gain access to it. It is not left with us, or entrusted to our keeping - for then it might be lost as we might lose an invaluable jewel; or it might be wrested from us; or we might be defrauded of it; but it is now laid up far out of our sight, and far from the reach of all our enemies, and with one who can “keep that which we have committed to him against that day;”

Something to Meditate on:
Am still in doubt about my eternal destiny? Is my calling and election sure?

A decision I need to make
I will live not in doubt about my real life but as a citizen of Heaven here and now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time To Major In The Minors

The Wheat and the Tares